Improving the relevance and quality of adult education
The Commission has provided technical support to Belgium, Spain, Hungary, the Netherlands and Portugal to upgrade their adult education systems. In these Member States, international expertise and exchange of practices have contributed to designing:
- quality assurance systems for adult education provision;
- models for the recognition, validation and accreditation of skills;
- national strategies and measures to improve basic skills;
- monitoring systems and skill forecasting systems;
- governance models for adult training provision.
The technical support is expected to contribute to increasing the integration of low-skilled adults in relevant education programmes, and to improving the quality and recognition of adult learning programmes to eventually increase adults’ skills levels.