The Technical Support Instrument (TSI) is the EU programme that provides tailor-made technical expertise to EU Member States to design and to implement reforms at the national level, with an emphasis on the green and digital transitions. The TSI also supports the preparation and implementation of Recovery and Resilience Plans.
Initiated in 2021, the TSI is the successor of the Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP). Since 2017, both programmes have helped design, develop and implement over 1500 reform projects in 27 Member States.
COMPLETED AND ONGOING REFORM PROJECTS IN SLOVAKIA
Reform projects approved under the Technical Support Instrument
The Technical Support Instrument yearly cycle is launched during the dedicated TSI Annual Conference. In May 2022, High-Level representatives from the European Commission, Member States and other Institutions gathered to share their perspectives on how the TSI 2023 could support Member States for the successful design and implementation of resilience-enhancing reforms, and in particular in the context of the recent crises (COVID-19 pandemic, Russian invasion of Ukraine).
The conference also started the discussion with Member States on potential multi-country projects - geared at addressing common issues among Member States thereby emphasizing the EU added-value of the instrument - and presented a set of "Flagship" projects - supporting reforms which are largely needed across Member States and are in line with the EU priorities.
For 2023, the Commission approved the following 12 reform support projects for Slovakia:
- Increase ESIF absorption, eliminate gold-plating and provide result-oriented investments in the 2021-2027 period
- Accelerating permitting for renewable energy
- Process Map of the new IT system in insolvency
- Towards person-centered integrated care
- Strengthening the role of spending reviews in the budgetary process of Slovakia
- Industrial ecosystems - Integrated policymaking in the area of RDI
- Youth FIRST - supporting children and youth wellbeing, education, training, social protection and labour prospects
- Integration of environmental dimensions in public finances - implementing the 'Do No Significant Harm' (DNSH) principle in public funding programme
- Crisis Management National Handbook
- Proof of concept of AI models in market abuse monitoring
- EU Survey of Central Government Public Servants: Strengthening Evidence-based People Management Policies and Reforms
- Support to Climate adaptation in Slovakia
In 2022, the Commission approved 12 reform projects for Slovakia:
- Strengthening the green transition in Slovakia through climate and macroeconomic modelling
- Developing e-government and AI to support RRP implementation in Slovakia
- Project preparation and implementation of the Just Transition Mechanism in Slovakia (follow-up)
- Recharge and Refuel - clean, smart and fair urban mobility in Slovakia
- Enhancing digital skills of seniors in Slovakia
- Strengthening coordination on inclusion of Third Country Nationals in Slovakia
- Support to the renovation wave in Slovakia
- Implementation of the European Child Guarantee in Slovakia
- Micro-data platform for productivity
- Efficient tax information exchange: building capacity of Slovakia and Poland to fight aggressive tax planning
- Strengthening supervisory capacity in digital finance in Slovakia
- Support to REPowerEU
More information can be found in the 2022 Country Factsheets.
In 2021, the Commission approved the following 10 reform projects for Slovakia:
- Capacity building support for the preparation and implementation of the Slovak Recovery and Resilience Plan
- Reform of the regulatory framework for network industries
- Digital transformation and national curriculum reform of primary and lower secondary schools
- Project preparation and development for the Just Transition Fund
- A comprehensive health system reform
- Streamlining the processes of conducting advance pricing agreements
- Enhancing fiscal framework and quality of public spending
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the anti-money-laundering framework
- Support for Implementation of Reforms and Investments under the Recovery and Resilience Plan (Component 17 - Digital Slovakia)
- General technical support for the implementation of Slovakia's Recovery and Resilience Plan
More information can be found in the 2021 Country Factsheets.
Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP) projects (2017-2020)
The TSI expands on the experience of the SRSP programme in building capacity in Member States. You can find the full list of SRSP projects here.
2021 - Supporting the development of communication strategy for Slovakia’s Recovery and Resilience Plan
The Commission supported Slovakia in designing a communication strategy aimed to communicate the benefits of the Recovery and Resilience Plan implementation to the general public.
2020 - Supporting Slovakia on implementing preventive restructuring frameworks
The Commission provided technical support to Slovakia to improve the framework governing insolvency.
2020 - Microsimulation tool of the tax and transfer system in Slovakia
The Commission is supporting Slovakia in modernising modelling methods for estimating the immediate, behavioural and aggregate fiscal effects of potential tax and transfer policy initiatives.
Want to find out more?
You can easily search projects from all Member States through the interactive map and learn more about reform projects.