Tackling undeclared work and labour exploitation
The Commission has provided technical support to Greece and Italy to fight labour exploitation and undeclared work. International expertise and the exchange of good practices have contributed to:
- drafting a national road map and action plan to fight undeclared work (Greece) or labour exploitation (Italy);
- establishing a regular dialogue between the tripartite constituents as well as national and regional stakeholders;
- reforming the institutional framework and designing a strong monitoring and evaluation system;
- designing, piloting and implementing new inspection approaches;
- quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform policy reforms.
The technical support to strengthen institutional capacity and review policies in the field of labour exploitation and undeclared work is expected to contribute to the creation of decent work and, ultimately, the reduction of inequalities and poverty.