- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Action Plan to promote exports in Greece
for the Ministry of Economy and Development
The Commission supported the Greek authorities in carrying out the Export Promotion Action Plan. The support aimed to (i) enhance knowledge and information through an information system; (ii) upgrade helpdesk services and provide a framework for training programmes; and (iii) build an effective management system for interministerial coordination.
The Action Plan for Export Promotion aims to increase Greek exports and boost Greece's competitiveness and trade performance.
The support provided by the Commission and the German development agency, GIZ, was delivered by advisors based in Athens and by international experts.
The support measures consisted of:
- technical specifications establishing an integrated information portal for Greek exporters;
- specifications developing a helpdesk for exporters ; and
- proposals for coordinating state-funded export promotion activities.
Support from the Commission delivered the following results:
- laid the groundwork for the creation of an information portal and helpdesk to help Greek exporters enter new markets; and
- helped coordinate the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the national authorities' activities to promote exports.