Capital Market Diagnostic in the Czech Republic
for the Ministry of Finance
The Commission supported national authorities and market participants in their efforts to further develop national capital markets.
Some small capital markets, in comparison with other similar-sized economies, do not have the ability yet to channel a high level of national savings into widespread equity and long-term debt financing for corporates to support economic growth in the Czech Republic.
The support provided by the Commission and the World Bank delivered an independent analysis of the Czech capital market with recommendations for further development.
The support measures consisted of:
• an evaluation of the current state of national capital market;
• identification of national impediments and challenges to further development; and
• recommendations for actions to increase participation of issuers, investors and market intermediaries.
Support from the Commission delivered the following results:
• a solid assessment to underpin and inform a national strategy for further development of capital markets.
And had the following impact:
• improved understanding of the existing opportunities and the actions required for further development.