- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Sustainable Development Strategy for Malta for 2050
for the Environment, Sustainable Development (MESDC)
The Commission provided support for developing an Action Plan and Governance Framework for effectively implementing the Sustainable Development Strategy in line with Malta’s Sustainable Development Vision for 2050.
The Maltese Government has drafted a Sustainable Development Vision with a horizon to 2050. To make this reality, the formulating of a new Sustainable Development Strategy is ongoing followed by the adaptation of its sustainable development governance framework. This goes along with identifying new development paradigms, taking into account the substantial changes in socio-economic and environmental conditions in Malta, Europe and the World.
The Commission, in cooperation with the OECD, is supporting Malta over 14 months to:
- assess the existing sustainable development governance framework;
- support the development of a Sustainable Development Action Plan;
- organise peer-to-peer exchanges and training on the Governance Framework and Action Plan and workshops to validate the findings.
Recommendations and policy options are expected to enable the implementation of the Governance Framework and Action Plan of the Maltese Sustainable Development Strategy.
The support from the Commission is delivering the following result:
- an Action Plan and Governance Framework that effectively supports the implementation of the Sustainable Development Strategy in line with Malta’s Sustainable Development Vision for 2050.
Over long-term, this support should contribute towards coherent and integrated implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.