- Funding Programme
- Technical Support Instrument (TSI)
The Commission is supporting Cyprus in implementing its National Action Plan on the Integration of Third-Country Nationals 2020-2022, by empowering local authorities, NGOs, and migrant organisations to be part of the integration process.
As a front-line Member State with a continuous inflow of migrants, Cyprus adopted a National Action Plan on migrant integration in 2019. While central coordination is of utmost importance, migrant integration initiatives are mostly the prerogative of regional or local authorities, where the administrative capacity is also weakest.
The project is supporting Cyprus in implementing its National Action Plan on the Integration of Third-Country Nationals 2020-2022, by empowering local authorities, NGOs, and migrant organisations to be part of the integration process. In particular, it has established intercultural networks in Famagusta, Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia and Paphos to facilitate the integration of migrants in a range of areas including participation, education, cultural and social life, urban planning, business, access to the labour market, anti-discrimination and multilingualism.
The technical support measures include, among others:
- Conducting an overview and assessment of integration policies and community cohesion/social integration in each region
- Developing an Intercultural Strategy outlining the vision, goals, and actions of each of the regional networks and the central authorities
- Developing a methodological tool for monitoring regional integration activities and a prototype tool for monitoring cohesion/social integration in regional and national communities
- Designing a multi-level coordination mechanism on integration policies for Cyprus
The results of the project will enhance the process of evidence-based policy formulation on integration and shall strengthen the relevant impact on the ground. This will be primarily triggered by the betterment of the exchange of information and practices between the national, regional and local level.
More about the project
You can find the final report here: