- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Design migration policies to address labour and skills shortages
The Commission has provided technical support to Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland and Slovakia to address challenges related to the shortage of adequately skilled workers in specific sectors of the economy and become more attractive to international talent.
To this end, international expertise has been mobilised to:
- present good practices of labour migration, talent attraction and retention policies developed in other countries;
- recommend options for attracting and retaining foreign workers and encouraging the return of nationals established abroad taking the national context into account;
- develop tools to identify labour market needs for international workers and reform migration processes to match these needs;
- build capacity, for instance through the or training on bilateral cooperation on labour migration.
The technical support in this area is expected to contribute to more efficient labour mobility schemes, with a view to addressing shortages of adequately skilled workers and thus strengthening competitiveness.