- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Development and implementation of migration policy
The Commission supports Poland to develop a comprehensive policy framework for labour migration based on the country’s socio-economic needs. Poland is facing a growing structural and economic demand for high and low-skilled labour. Poland needs to increase the institutional capacity of relevant Ministries to define strategic priorities regarding labour migration, design and implement related policies.
Poland is developing a migration strategy that will be implemented over the next couple of years. It will address the challenges of an ageing population, a growing labour demand, and substantial emigration in particular of young citizens.
The support consists mainly of:
- Research and analysis of labour migration and retention measures
- Recommendations to support policy implementation
- Country visits to learn about selected measures adopted in other countries
- Expert seminars to discuss their applicability to the Polish context
- Analysis of selected instruments of labour migration policies with the purpose of elaborating recommendations for Poland;
- Review analytical tools to help steer labour migration policy;
- Evaluate successful examples of bilateral/regional cooperation on labour migration and examine countries that could be implicated in labour migration to Poland;
- Address the question of return migration and what policy tools could be effective in stimulating and facilitating the return of adequately skilled Polish emigrants.
The results to be achieved include:
- Review policy measures to steer labour migration policies and encourage the return of Polish emigrants
- Build capacity to monitor and evaluate migration policies
- Enhance bilateral cooperation on labour migration