- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Implementation of the National Plan for the integration of Refugees and International Protection Holders in Italy
for the Ministry of Interior
The Commission is supporting national authorities in their efforts to implement the National Plan for the integration of Refugees and International Protection Holders.
The 2017 National Integration Plan describes the priority areas of intervention, but does not define specific objectives or activities. Moreover, the Italian multi-level governance system of integration requires strong coordination among stakeholders.
The support is provided with the International Organization for Migration as implementing partner.
The support measures consisted of:
- enhancing stakeholders' administrative capacity to identify, prioritise and implement integration policies;
- providing support for the prioritisation of thematic areas and pilot actions to launch the implementation of the National Plan;
- developing a monitoring and evaluation strategy.
The support from the Commission is delivering the following results:
- strengthen vertical and horizontal coordination between relevant stakeholders in implementing integration actions;
- prepare the design, monitoring, and evaluation of several pilots for the implementation of the National Plan.
And is having the following impact:
- improve the integration of refugees and international protection holders in local communities.