- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Improving the delivery of public employment services
The Commission provides technical support to Estonia, Greece, Spain, Italy and Slovenia to strengthen the capacity of public employment services and reform the delivery of active labour market policies. To this end, international expertise is mobilised to:
- map the status quo and consult stakeholders to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the current framework;
- review the administrative processes, legislative frameworks and cooperation formats in these often decentralised systems;
- design robust monitoring and evaluation systems, with a stronger focus on defining, measuring and rewarding performance;
- strengthen the design and implementation of effective active labour market policies, referral mechanisms and employability programmes, including through the development of new models of service delivery.
Ultimately, technical support in this area aims at enhancing the impact of employment services and improving the effectiveness of active labour market policies.