- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Strengthening supplementary pension savings
The Commission has provided technical support to Ireland, Croatia, Lithuania and Slovenia in the field of supplementary pension savings. In these Member States, international expertise and the exchange of good practices have contributed to:
- reforming the institutional, regulatory, investment and supervisory framework;
- reviewing pension products and fiscal incentives;
- designing effective pension information and communication with citizens;
- dialogue between the different public and private stakeholders involved, in order to help advance the national reform debate.
The technical support in this area is expected to contribute to better performing funded pension systems, and thus more adequate incomes in old age for future generations of pensioners.