- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Strengthening the system of substitute care for children in Slovakia
The Commission supported the Slovak authorities in the development of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation mechanism to track progress of the deinstitutionalisation of substitute care for children in Slovakia.
Slovakia requested technical support to improve the monitoring and evaluation of substitute care for children to strengthen the process of deinstitutionalisation of substitute care and enhance the quality of associated preventive services offered. The purpose of the new national monitoring and evaluation framework is to:
- Outline key roles and responsibilities for monitoring and evaluation to track the progress of the deinstitutionalisation of substitute care for children
- Serve as a tool for monitoring substitute care processes and outcomes
The support measures consisted of:
- Assessing the current framework and practices to monitor and evaluate substitute care for children.
- Developing a proposal for a monitoring and evaluation framework and an implementation plan for substitute care for children.
- Capacity-building activities for the Slovak administration.
Through this support, the following results were achieved:
- The current status of monitoring and evaluation of substitute care for children has been assessed and the results validated in consultation with stakeholders.
- A proposal for a monitoring and evaluation framework for substitute care for children and its implementation plan have been developed.
The proposed framework will allow Slovakia to:
- More effectively assess how far policy goals and objectives are being met.
- Outline specific steps and tools for evidence-based and informed decision-making.
- Develop plans for data collection, analysis, use and data quality.
- Carry out oversight activities and evaluations.
- Organise and coordinate various activities that must be in place for tracking progress towards achieving results in a sustainable, validated manner.
- The institutional capacity of the Slovak authorities for the effective monitoring and evaluation of substitute care for children has been strengthened.