The Commission is supporting the Latvian authorities in their efforts to reduce the tax gap and to enhance public revenues.
The Ministry of Finance and the State Revenue Service aim to reduce the prevalence of tax fraud and to increase public revenues. This requires an improvement in administrative capacity and the adoption of a structured and risk-based approach to tax evasion.
Support to be delivered
The SRSS, in cooperation with the World Bank, is providing support over a 3-year period to:
- identify areas at high risk of fraud;
- train and empower the audit service; and
- develop a comprehensive compliance strategy.
Support from the SRSS, in cooperation with the World Bank, aims to deliver the following results:
- reduce the size of the informal economy in Latvia;
- improve taxpayer compliance; and
- increase public revenues by 4% in real terms over 3 years.
- Местоположения на проекта