- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Curriculum reform and upgrade of the teaching profession
The Commission has provided technical support to Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Lithuania and Slovakia to upgrade their teacher policies and support the implementation of curriculum reforms. In these Member States, international expertise and exchange of practices have contributed to design:
- competence frameworks for teachers and school leaders;
- tools to assess the effectiveness of professional development;
- student assessment systems based on learning outcomes;
- systems of initial teacher education and continuous professional development;
- teacher workforce forecasting models;
- policies to increase the attractiveness of teaching profession.
The technical support is contributing to increasing the quality of education and thus improving the capacity to provide young people with the relevant skills and qualifications.