- Funding Programme
- Technical Support Instrument (TSI)
Technical support for the integration of Third Country Nationals in Croatia
The European Commission is supporting Croatia in enhancing the capacity of national authorities to oversee, coordinate, and monitor the implementation of policies and programs for the integration of migrants.
The Croatian authorities have recognized the need to put more emphasis on the integration of Third Country Nationals as the country is gradually becoming a destination country. The Commission support will contribute towards streamlining and strengthening integration actions at national, regional and local level to facilitate the integration of migrants in all aspects of daily life, including the labour market and education.
The Commission, in collaboration with the International Organization for Migration (IOM), is supporting the Croatian Ministry of Interior and other administration bodies since July 2022 in:
- Mapping of existing legal framework and relevant stakeholders relating to integration;
- Development of a blueprint to establish a functional multi-level policy coordination mechanism for integration, including capacity building trainings for its implementation;
- Drafting technical specifications for the development of a one stop shop model for the provision of integration services;
- Drafting technical specifications for tools to monitor and evaluate integration policies and programs, including relevant capacity building trainings;
- Organisation of practice exchanges on integration with other EU Member States.
The project will provide a solid basis to help the authorities design, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate integration policies and programs in Croatia, thereby improving access to social services (e.g., accommodation, education, healthcare, jobs etc.) for migrants.
More about the project
More information about the project on the website of the International Organization for Migration (IOM).