Since 2015, demand for reform support from Member States has far outstripped expectations. So far, a total of 1522 reform projects have been supported in all 27 Member States.
Projects are realised in a range of policy areas:
- Public administration and governance: 274 projects
- Revenue administration and public financial management: 262 projects
- Financial sector and access to finance: 216 projects
- Green transition: 209 projects
- Competitiveness: 148 projects
- Labour market, social protection and migration: 126 projects
- Skills, education and training: 104 projects
- Health and long-term care: 92 projects
- Digital transition: 65 projects
- Recovery and Resilience Plans support: 26 projects
Structural Reform support projects are implemented through the Structural Reform Support Programme until end of 2020, and through the Technical Support Instrument, its successor programme, as of 2021. More information on the selected projects and results can be found below.
|Technical Support Instrument selected requests||2021||2022|
|Technical Support Instrument Country Factsheets||2021||2022|
Structural Reform Support Programme selected requests
On a regular basis, the European Commission chooses to feature selected projects for its series Projects in the spotlight. These projects demonstrate effective implementation, promising results as well as high potential to be replicated across the EU.
Select a policy area and/or year in the list below and click on a country to display the corresponding projects