- Funding Programme
- Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
Access to capital market financing for Czech Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
The European Commission supported the Czech authorities in developing a comprehensive guide for SMEs about capital market financing options.
A well-developed capital market is essential for the efficient functioning of an advanced market economy. The SMEs in Czech Republic use predominantly traditional bank financing. To stimulate an increase of capital market financing, simple and reliable information needs to be available to SMEs. Improved access to capital market financing options for SMEs is a key priority of the Capital Markets Union.
The support measures consisted of:
- Creating of a dedicated information platform (capital guide) for SMEs about capital market financing options
- Drafting information about basic financial tools available for SMEs on capital markets
- Producing video tutorials as well as video testimonials of success stories
- Launch event of the (capital guide) with public and private stakeholders
The capital guide will increase awareness of SMEs about the Czech capital market and the financing opportunities that are available to them. Czech SME should get inspired through featured stories of SMEs that have successfully taped into capital markets, for examples through crowdfunding or other innovative platforms, through private investors or via the START market of the Prague Stock Exchange. Ultimately, increased access to information and guidance will help SMEs identify suitable opportunities that capital market offer for growth and development of their businesses.
More about the project