What are Flagship technical support projects?
The Flagship technical support projects have been selected on the basis that they are largely needed across Member States and are linked to top EU priorities the Member States are in the process of implementing. As such, they aim at supporting Member States in achieving resilience and growth enhancing reforms. For example, in 2024, an important EU priority centered around the needs for Public Administrations to be fit for the future and adaptable to change. As such, the European Commission supported a substantial number of projects aimed at improving the resilience and digitalisation of public administrations.
2024 Flagship Technical Support Projects
The proposed 2024 Flagship technical support projects have been selected on the basis that they are largely needed across Member States and are linked to top EU priorities the Member States are in the process of implementing. As such, they aim at supporting Member States in achieving resilience and growth enhancing reforms.
- PACE - Public Administration Cooperation Exchange
- AI-ready public administration
- Digital Financial Literacy
- Supporting the Digital Transformation of Tax and Customs Administrations
- Enhancing the quality of public finances
- Support to the Green Deal Industrial Plan
- Support to the Social Climate Fund and the revised EU Emissions Trading System
- Overcoming barriers to regional development
- Enhancing reception and accommodation capacity for migrants
- Mental health: Fostering well-being and mental health
- Flagship on Skills: Fostering skills development systems better adapted to the labour market
- Reinforce Democracy and the Rule of Law
- Public administration of the future
2023 Flagship Technical Support Projects
The 2023 Flagship technical support projects were selected on the basis that they were largely needed across Member States and linked to top EU priorities the Member States were in the process of implementing. As such, they aimed at supporting Member States in achieving resilience and growth enhancing reforms.
- Integration of environmental dimensions in public finances – Implementing the ‘Do No Significant Harm’ (DNSH) principle in public funding programmes
- Accelerating permitting for renewable energy
- Support to Climate Adaptation
- ESG Risk Management for the Financial Sector
- Support to industrial ecosystems
- Migration and Talent Attraction
- Towards person-centred integrated care
- YOUTH FIRST – supporting children and youth wellbeing, education, training, social protection and labour prospects
- PACE – Public Administration Cooperation Exchange
- Enhancing the quality and use of tax information exchanged between Member States in the context of the Directive on Administrative Cooperation (DAC)
- Professionalization of public procurement personnel: fostering strategic methodologies, integrity and transparency
- Digital transformation for regional and local public administrations
2022 Flagship Technical Support Projects
The 2022 Flagship technical support projects were 13 and included, for example, support for reforms for the digital and green transitions, a more efficient public administration and regional coordination, equality, combat child poverty and social exclusion, migrant integration and support to the tourism ecosystem.
- Development of resilient, innovative and human-centric digital government services
- EU Supervisory Digital Finance Academy: Strengthening supervisory capacity in innovative digital finance
- Digital skills for digital transformation of health and care systems
- Recharge and Refuel - Clean, smart and fair urban mobility
- Bridging the climate financing gap with public policy instruments
- Support to the renovation wave
- Greening taxes - applying polluter pays principle in practice
- Support to the implementation of the Just Transition
- Support to the tourism ecosystem: towards a more sustainable, resilient and digital tourism
- Integration of Third Country Nationals in EU Member States
- Implementation of the European Child Guarantee in EU Member States
- Gender mainstreaming in public policy and budget processes
- Regional and local authorities – Enhancing cooperation & quality of public administration
You can find the more information on the 2022 Flagship overview page.