The Technical Support Instrument (TSI) is the EU programme that provides tailor-made technical expertise to EU Member States to design and to implement reforms at the national level, with an emphasis on the green and digital transitions. The TSI also supports the preparation and implementation of Recovery and Resilience Plans.
Initiated in 2021, the TSI is the successor of the Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP). Since 2017, both programmes have helped design, develop and implement over 1500 reform projects in 27 Member States.
COMPLETED AND ONGOING REFORM PROJECTS IN FRANCE
Reform projects approved under the Technical Support Instrument
The Technical Support Instrument yearly cycle is launched during the dedicated TSI Annual Conference. In May 2022, High-Level representatives from the European Commission, Member States and other Institutions gathered to share their perspectives on how the TSI 2023 could support Member States for the successful design and implementation of resilience-enhancing reforms, and in particular in the context of the recent crises (COVID-19 pandemic, Russian invasion of Ukraine).
The conference also started the discussion with Member States on potential multi-country projects - geared at addressing common issues among Member States thereby emphasizing the EU added-value of the instrument - and presented a set of "Flagship" projects - supporting reforms which are largely needed across Member States and are in line with the EU priorities.
For 2023, the Commission approved the following 14 reform support projects for France:
- Professionalisation of public procurement personal - fostering strategic methodologies, integrity and transparency
- Supporting the successful implementation of the Regulation UE 2021/2282 on health technology assessment by HAS
- Support to the CGDD phase 2
- Technical Support Project on “Development of FIU’s expertise focused on digital finance and virtual assets”
- Pour une meilleure mobilisation des programmes en gestion directe et indirecte dans les régions ultrapériphériques (RUP)
- Vers une valorisation des compétences des seniors au sein du MESFIN
- PACE - Modernisation of the human resources management model
- EU Supervisory Digital Finance Academy
- ESG risk management framework for the financial sector
- Proof of concept of AI models in market abuse monitoring
- Improving the energy performance of State buildings in France and the Netherlands
- Cartographie et correspondance des compétences numériques avec les compétences métiers dans la Fonction Publique Map & Match : le numérique au service des métiers des agents publics
- Developing in-house capacity for Latvia and other Member States
In 2022, the Commission approved 11 reform projects for France*:
- « FranceJustice » - Création d’une application de téléconsultations en matière d’accès au droit et d’aide aux victimes d’infractions - Évaluation de la faisabilité et étude comparative
- Enhance the French App for special needs education ("livret numérique de parcours inclusif")
- Monitor the new regional schools for in-service training of educational staff in France ("Écoles Académiques de la formation continue")
- Improving financial literacy of new retail investors for a better support in their investment decision-making process
- Assessment, recognition and validation of skills and qualifications for refugees from Ukraine
- Gender mainstreaming in public policy and budget processes
- Baromètre de la complexité franco-allemand pour la simplification des démarches administratives transfrontalières - Vereinfachung der grenzüberschreitenden Verwaltungsverfahren
- Continuité des missions du volet européen du SGPR après 2022
- AML risk analysis and supervision in the area of correspondent banking, France
- Micro-data platform for productivity
More information can be found in the 2022 Country Factsheets.
*Not all projects are listed for contractual reasons.
In 2021, the Commission approved the following 4 reform projects for France:
- Renforcer l’attractivité de la fonction publique dans les territoires
- Reform of the French National Solidarity Fund for Autonomy
- Transition écologique des services publics et application au Ministère de la Culture
- Comprehensive review and benchmark study of the public real Estate management
More information can be found in the 2021 Country Factsheets.
Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP) projects (2017-2020)
The TSI expands on the experience of the SRSP programme in building capacity in Member States. You can find the full list of SRSP projects here.
The European Commission supported the project’s overall objective to reduce certain educational inequalities in France via the improvement of the French digital app on special educational needs.
2020 - Improving the quality and effectiveness of the Centres of Vocational Excellence – “campus des métiers” – in France
The Commission supports the French Ministry of Education to reform the implementation framework of the French Centres of Excellence (Campus des Métiers) to eventually increase their quality and effectiveness.
Want to find out more?
You can easily search projects from all Member States through the interactive map and learn more about reform projects.